Chelsea sign Morgan Rogers
Chelsea complete the signing of Aston Villa and England international Morgan Rogers
Chelsea today officially completed the signing of Morgan Rogers from Aston Villa with the 23 year old forward agreeing a 7 year contract which will keep him at Stamford Bridge until 2033 and will join Xabi Alonso's squad ahead of the 2026/27 premier league season.
When asked on the move Rogers responded by saying " I'm so excited, for me Chelsea are one of the biggest clubs in London who I have admired since I was a kid."
When asked about the project under Xabi Alonso Rogers responded by saying " I'm really excited about the project here with the new manager as well as the players that we have got and the direction that the club is heading in, that's why i signed for the club and I can't wait to get started."
Rogers arrives at Stamford Bridge having established him as one of the leagues attacking young talents.
In his time at Villa Rogers both his goal and assist contributions led to 40 goals in 85 appearances leading the West Midlands outfit to to a top 4 finish before he played an instrumental part in Villa lifting the UEFA Europa League trophy last season.
Since his debut for England in November 2024 Morgan Rogers has established himself as a regular starter for the Three Lions earning 22 caps along with representing England at this summers FIFA World Cup.
Welcome to Chelsea Morgan. Wishing you all the best.
Comments
Post a Comment