Tuchel explains lack of minutes for Ziyech and states what he has learnt about his squad

Tuchel admits that it has been difficult in giving playing time to Hakim Ziyech, but Tuchel is confident that Ziyech's moment will come.

Hakim Ziyech has seen himself pushed down the pecking order for a place in Thomas Tuchel's starting line-up

Hakim Ziyech ahs mote featured in the premier league for Chelsea since starting the goalless draw with Wolves which was Thomas Tuchel's first game in charge as Chelsea head coach. Ziyech was on the pitch for 70 minutes in the FA Cup against Barnsley, but since then has found himself behind the likes of Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic and Callum Hudson-Odoi for the two places as a central striker in Tuchel's preferred 3-4-2-1 system. 

Tuchel stated 'it's my fault actually not his.'

'There are often some decisions for my other players which means that Hakim suffers a little bit as a result. I agree with this, I accept this is my responsibility and my fault that he is unable to show more of his potential.'

'As I look at our schedule I am certain that we will need all of our players. No matter how difficult the times currently are for him personally , I don't have a bad thing to say about Hakim. He was very good in training yesterday, he is always working hard and when his moment comes I expect the very best from Hakim Ziyech.'

'During certain moments at a club such as Chelsea with a squad which keeps on winning, it can often be like this. Sometimes you have to wait. He is not the only guy. Things will turn around in time if he keeps himself and stays in shape, and has the right mood and is ready when called upon.'

It is coming up to a month since Thomas Tuchel was appointed Chelsea head coach. Detailed time for training has come in short supply due to the number of games that Chelsea are playing right now, but this has not stopped Tuchel from implementing his footballing philosophy.

It has been somewhat of a flawless start for Tuchel with five wins and a draw coming from his first six games  and as more bigger tests begin to lurk on the horizon , Tuchel has explained what he has currently learnt about his players in the weeks he has been in charge.

'I have seen a terrific work ethic from them. They are hungry, keen and eager to improve and are eager to compete as a team. I feel them all together as one group. I am able to totally rely on them, they are able to apply our principles in the game and our approach towards games. This is extremely important.'

'If we have less time on the training pitch, we are also working on video sessions within the media room. We are preparing the games and are using them to improve and get used to each other. There are very good behaviours in our games which is a pleasure to be working with. The level is good from where we wish to improve. This is the real challenge in sports.'

'I trust my players for sure' Tuchel added.

'It's not only trust because of the results , it is down to the way in which we interact and how we behave everyday, not only in Cobham and out on the training pitch, as well as certain situation in games.'

'There is absolutely no reason not to doubt them. We as coaches are here to guide them, and I feel totally included in this process, and I feel a strong bond with my players. I repeat it is only a pleasure to be here at Chelsea.'

For more articles on news relating to Chelsea Football Club please visit my twitter account 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuchel's first impressions of Mason Mount and Billy Gilmour

Tuchel states that defender is out but provides update on attacking duo and reports on issues for Pulisic

Chelsea line up to face Manchester United