Antonio Rudiger on correcting the wrongs and abuse which makes him even more stronger

 Having been a key part of the rear-guard which has resulted in Chelsea not conceding a goal in the first three games of Thomas Tuchel's reign as Chelsea head coach, and part of the side which beat one of the other big six teams for the first time this season on Thursday, defender Antonio Rudiger provides us with a description of the new coaches attention to detail.

The defender also also addressed the racial abuse he has received on social media in the wake of Frank Lampard being replaced at Stamford Bridge by Thomas Tuchel.

Rudiger retained his place in the side for for the last couple of league games under Lampard and and has remained part of the back three which has been reshaped by Thomas Tuchel, and believes that the players are picking up the new bosses thinking very quickly.

'When we analysed the game against Wolves and Burnley, I think that we adapted well to the plan said Rudiger.

'There will of course be moments like the second half against Tottenham where we came out and we were slow, but what was good from us was that we showed the right mentality, we showed that we are able to suffer together and move forwards. The most important thing is the result, this is what we currently need at this moment, and we have got it.'

'For me it is more important to look back at the things which went wrong and make it better' said the German, 'you do not need to speak about the good things but you need to address things which need to be improved, and this is what the coach is working on.'

'The coach is very detailed which is good because it makes you always have to perform to your best and this makes you better, and for me I like it this way.'

There were possible media stories after Lampard's departure Rudiger was named as someone who had caused tension. This led to support shown to Rudiger from team-mates but also and totally unacceptable, particularly those who commented from outside the club on social media, resorted to racial abuse. Chelsea are supporting Rudiger on the matter and are investigating into it and will pass any information which is relevant to the police for further investigation, as was the case with the abuse which was directed at Reece James.

This is my fourth season at Chelsea working under four different coaches, with Tuchel now, and this was never spoken about when Sarri left the club or when Conte left the club that players were involved in this' said Rudiger.

'I have clear conscience. I know who I am and I know myself I did not do all that nonsense that came out and in my head, I am free. I am very open for any new coach, as I was open for Frank Lampard.'

'I am not able to control peoples emotions but people should be good human beings. Me I didn't post anything but the racial abuse was immense. This has made me stronger as I know who I am, I am able to look in the mirror and smile. I know that I didn't do anything and so me this is forgotten.'

'In life for me it is important to look in the mirror, I see myself, I know who I am. Of course in cases like this it hurts but I just block it out as I didn't do anything wrong.'

Rudiger considered whether social media companies could do more to prevent what he and other have experienced via their platforms.

'To be honest with you I don't know all of these things on social media but I think that the majority of people who make these accounts and are making money off it. For me personally, I think they don't really care because as you are aware, money has power so the rest doesn't matter, so it is hard to tell if people will make a change on that.'

'I feel sorry for this put more than that I feel sorry for the people who are not strong enough as it affects them. Of course it affects me in a certain way too but is just  way which makes me think that people are not normal, I am sorry to say this but some people are just stupid.'

After the abuse of Reece James Chelsea issued a statement calling for a social media environment where both hate and discriminatory actions are unacceptable online just as they would be on the street.

As Callum Hudson-Odoi discussed yesterday, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wrote to the players expressing how appalled and disgusted he is with incident and has informed them there will be be an increase in both effort and funding to counter it.

For more articles on news relating to Chelsea Football Club please visit my twitter account 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuchel's first impressions of Mason Mount and Billy Gilmour

Chelsea line up to face Manchester United

Reaction from Tuchel on what Chelsea need to do in order to score more plus explains why Hudson-Odoi was taken off