Edouard Mendy on the responsibility of playing for Chelsea


Edouard Mendy discusses adapting to life in England and explains the weather helping him settle in West London 

Edouard Mendy sits down with Chelsea to discuss how he is adapting to life in London with Chelsea and provides an explanation as to how the weather in England has helped him settle in West London. 

The Senegalese goalkeeper joined Chelsea from French club Rennes has already kept 12 clean sheets behind the posts , despite only arriving in late September and is enjoying life in the premier league. 

However, he acknowledges the responsibility that comes along with representing a big club such as Chelsea and is keen to help improve results and return to form. 

Mendy said 'I wanted to come to Chelsea  as the premier league for me is the best league in the world and I am glad to be here. 'It was a great start to begin with but currently with the team we are going through a tough time. We have to keep going, and move forward and hopefully we will see an upturn in results soon.'

It is a very big responsibility because Chelsea have won so many trophies and we want to carry on fighting for trophies every year, so there is pressure every year to win a trophy year, plus it's also great to be a part of this team.

We have work hard in training, and keep working ,for me it is important that we remain confident between us as when you have lost so many games it can be hard. However, we must stay positive, we need to remain confident and focus on our next game.

The Senegalese international born in France, made an impressive start to his time in England, not conceding a goal in his first three Chelsea appearances revealed that the weather and spending time with his family enabled him to settle in London quickly.

'Firstly I am playing in a good team. We did well in the beginning and I worked very hard to be here at Chelsea, I believe that my attributes are good for this league and this helps me to perform whenever I play.'

'The weather has always been the same for me because I played for Rennes and was born in Le Havre, which is just next England. So the weather has always remained the same to me. I enjoy this culture, this is why I cam to England lots of times and want to live here, to spend more time in London and hope to see more of the city soon.'

'I spend a lot of time with my family, with my wife and two young boys, and my sister. She is teaching me to speak English. She is a very good teacher, she along with her husband have helped me a lot.'

Mendy also revealed the teams he watched when he was young who inspired him to pursue his dream of playing at a high level , this included a couple of Chelsea legends.

'When I was a boy I used to watch Chelsea, Real Madrid and Marseille. I watched a lot of games for Chelsea involving Didier Drogba and Michael Essien. For me that team was the best in the clubs history.'

'Everybody at Chelsea knows that Petr Cech is a legend at this club, he is an excellent goalkeeper, so I enjoying watching his games, I also had admiration for Edwin Van Der Sar. As for the outfield players, I admired Didier Drogba, Steven Gerrard and Michael Essien. I also admired Louis Saha and when he was at Manchester United Cristiano Ronaldo.'

For more articles on news relating to Chelsea football club please visit my twitter account @followchelsea 

Link - Follow Chelsea (@FollowChelsea4) / Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuchel's first impressions of Mason Mount and Billy Gilmour

Chelsea line up to face Manchester United

Reaction from Tuchel on what Chelsea need to do in order to score more plus explains why Hudson-Odoi was taken off